Los Angeles, Kalifornien, Vereinigte Staaten
Nach dem Abitur schrieb sich Karen Fukuhara an der University of California in Los Angeles ein , um 2014 einen Bachelor of Arts in Soziologie und Theater zu erhalten.
- Vater - Ihr Vater arbeitet bei einer japanischen Firma.
- Mutter - Ihre Mutter ist Klavierlehrerin.
- Geschwister - Sie hat einen jüngeren Bruder.
Karen Fukuhara wird von der in Beverly Hills ansässigen United Talent Agency vertreten.
157 cm (5 Fuß 2 Zoll)
Rasse / ethnische Zugehörigkeit
Sie hat japanische Abstammung.
- Zierliche Figur
- Hohe Wangenknochen
- In der Rolle von Tatsu Yamashiro / Katana im Action-Superhelden-Film Suicide Squad (2016).
- Nachdem sie den Charakteren von Alexis und Sewer Queen in der Zeichentrickserie Craig of the Creek , die im Cartoon Network ausgestrahlt wurde, ihre Stimme verliehen hatte .
In 2016, Karen made her theatrical film debut in the popular action-comedy flick, Suicide Squad.
First TV Show
In 2016, Karen Fukuhara made her first TV show appearance as herself on the talk show, Conan.
To prepare for her role of Katana, Karen had to undertake a specialized and grueling training regime. Her training regime comprised of martial arts training, sword training, and gym work. She also had to undertake a weight training regime so that she could lift the sword and wield it flawlessly. The sword training gave her a good core workout.
She did martial arts training under the guidance of Richard Mesquita. For the stunts and action sequences, she had to work with Richard Norton and Guy Norris.
After the end of the Suicide Squad shoot, Karen changed her workout routine. She tries to go to the gym as much as possible. The workout starts with rower or treadmill. It is followed by weight training. Karen has also started going back to karate dojo that she used to train at while in high school.
Regarding food, she doesn’t follow any diet and loves to eat carb-rich pasta and rice. However, to prepare for her role, she had to follow one. She had to eat a lot of chicken breast, quinoa, and green vegetables. However, she didn’t have to worry about meal preparation as she was given customized meals on the movie sets.
Karen Fukuhara Favorite Things
- Dream Director – Christopher Nolan
- Spirit Animal – Alpaca
Source – Hollywood Reporter, Coup de Main Magazine
Karen Fukuhara Facts
- While studying in high school, she was a karate champion. However, she had only got into karate because her brother had started karate and her mother wanted Karen to babysit him.
- To prepare for her role in Suicide Squad, she perfected her sword fighting skills. She also did most of her stunts in the movie on her own.
- Before she got her big break in Hollywood, she did a number of odd jobs including working as a subtitle editor, part-time translator, and waitress at a sushi restaurant.
- When she learned that she was going to be cast in Suicide Squad, she was working as a translator for a Japanese model.
- Her suicide squad co-star Margot Robbie tattooed SKWAD on her heel, while they were shooting for the movie. Robbie had got tattoo gun as a birthday present.
- While growing up, her first language at home was Japanese. Her father still can’t fluently converse in English.
- For her audition tape for Suicide Squad, she borrowed a sword from her friend and learned moves a day before she taped her audition.
- When she got her role in the successful DC movie, she didn’t have an agent.
- In karate, she has managed to earn a brown striped belt. She used to fly to Japan for various karate world championships.
- She managed to bag her first professional gig while she was in middle school. She was hired as a reporter for Disney Channel’s Movie Surfers, in which she got to interview many actors including Johnny Depp, who were cast in Disney projects.
- Während ihres Studiums an der High School arbeitete sie als Sportreporterin für ein japanisches Fernsehsender, NHK.
- Während ihres Studiums an der UCLA war sie Mitglied der Cappella-Gruppe des Colleges, UCLA Medleys. Sie pflegte für die Gruppe zu singen.
- Folgen Sie ihr auf Facebook, Twitter und Instagram.
Ausgewähltes Bild von Karen Fukuhara / Instagram