Michael Wayne Atha
Yelawolf, Catfish Billy, Wayneo
Gadsden, Alabama, Vereinigte Staaten
Alabama, Vereinigte Staaten
Yelawolf besuchte die Carter Lawrence Grundschule in Nashville.
Rapper, Sänger, Songwriter
- Vater - Michael Howard Atha
- Mutter - Sheila Diane
- Geschwister - Amy Atha Edwards (älteste Schwester), Jazmen McMurry (Schwester), PJ Atha, Coty Atha Domian
Yelawolf wird verwaltet von
- Jeremy "J Dot" Jones
- Redd Klay LLC
- William Morris Endeavour Entertainment LLC
Shady, Interscope, Slumerican Records
76 kg oder 167,5 lbs
Freundin / Ehepartner
Yelawolf ist datiert
- Sonora Rosario - Berichten zufolge war Yelawolf in der Vergangenheit mit einer Frau namens Sonora Rosario verheiratet. Im Laufe ihrer Beziehung brachte sie drei Kinder zur Welt. Er hat sich seitdem von Rosario getrennt, spielt aber dennoch eine wichtige Rolle bei der Erziehung ihrer Kinder.
- Fefe Dobson (2013-2016) – After having dated for quite some time, Yelawolf got engaged to Canadian singer Fefe Dobson in 2013. They were spotted at numerous events and public functions together. However, in July 2016, he took to his Instagram account to reveal that he and Dobson were no longer together. He also seemed to be hinting that before breaking up, she had trashed his place.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Cherokee ancestry. While, on his mother’s side, he has White American ethnicity.
- Green eyes
- Multiple tattoos
- Often wears a hat or a cap
Yelawolf has done endorsement work for Famous Stars & Straps.
His song “Good To Go” has been used in Champs Sports commercial.
Best Known For
- The commercial success of his studio album, Love Story, which managed to sell over 51,000 copies in a week. The album also debuted on the US Billboard 200 at the #3 position.
- The popularity of his EP, Trunk Muzik, which helped him land a record deal with Interscope Records. The song was eventually re-released as Trunk Muzik 0-60 by the record label.
In 2006, Yelawolf released his debut studio album, Creek Water. However, the album was released independently.
His debut studio album that was released by a record label was Radioactive. The album managed to sell over 40,000 copies within the first week.
He made his theatrical film debut in the adventure movie, The Peanut Butter Falcon in 2018 in the role of a ratboy.
First TV Show
In 2010, Yelawolf made his first TV show appearance in the Jingle Z episode of the reality TV series, Rob Dyrdek’s Fantasy Factory.
Yelawolf Favorite Things
- Eminem Song – So Much Better
- Eminem Album – The Marshall Mathers LP
- Food – Chicken Wings
- Song – Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams
- Album – Aquemini by OutKast
- New Music Artist – Rittz (Atlanta based rapper)
- TV Show – Married… with Children (1986-1997)
- Movie – Walk Hard (2007)
- Restaurant – Beans and Greens in Gadsden, Alabama
- Gadget – iPhone
- Keepsake – Print of the cover of XXL magazine’s March issue that featured him with Eminem and Slaughterhouse
- Music Albums – Live at Folsom Prison (By Johnny Cash), Paranoid (By Black Sabbath), Morrison Hotel (By The Doors), Innervisions (By Stevie Wonder), Second Helping (By Lynyrd Skynyrd), Rumours (By Fleetwood Mac)
Source – Complex, Spin, Complex
- His mother got pregnant with him at the age of 15. She gave birth to Yelawolf when she herself was merely 16 years old.
- He got into hip hop at the age of 6 after his mother’s boyfriend bought him Licensed to Ill, which was Beastie Boys’ debut album, and Run–D.M.C.’s single My Adidas.
- He began smoking weed at the age of 11 or 12. However, he claims to have never smoked crack in his life. He stopped doing drugs altogether by the time he reached 18 years of age after he had to endure pretty bad trips for having done mushrooms and acid.
- He started writing rap when he was studying in the 5th grade. However, he didn’t start rapping till 2007.
- Before he started rapping, he tried his hand at professional skateboarding. However, he realized that he didn’t have good enough skills to compete at the professional level and hence did not pursue it.
- Nachdem er das Skateboarden aufgegeben hatte, ging er 2001 mit einem Freund nach Alaska, um sich im Angeln zu versuchen. Nach nur einer Saison änderte er seine Meinung, da er mit dem Unternehmen keinen angemessenen Betrag verdienen konnte.
- Nach seiner Rückkehr aus Alaska versuchte er, mit dem Verkauf von Drogen zu experimentieren, schaffte es aber auch nicht, viel Geld damit zu verdienen.
- 2012 gründete er sein unabhängiges Plattenlabel Slumerican, das sich hauptsächlich auf Hip-Hop-Musik konzentriert. Das Label hat seinen Sitz in Nashville.
- Besuchen Sie seine offizielle Website @ yelawolf.com.
- Folgen Sie ihm auf Facebook, Twitter, Instagram und YouTube VEVO.
Ausgewähltes Bild von Dominick Brady / Flickr / CC BY 2.0