Martha Campbell Plimpton
New York City, New York, Vereinigte Staaten
New York City, New York, Vereinigte Staaten
Martha Plimpton besuchte die Professional Children's School in Manhattan, New York City.
Schauspielerin, Sängerin, Model
- Vater - Keith Carradine (Schauspieler, Sänger, Songwriter)
- Mutter - Shelley Plimpton (Schauspielerin und Sängerin)
- Geschwister - Sorel Carradine (jüngere väterliche Halbschwester), Cade Carradine (jüngerer väterlicher Halbbruder)
- Andere - John Carradine (Großvater väterlicherseits) (Schauspieler), Sonia Sorel (Großmutter väterlicherseits) (Schauspielerin und Künstlerin), William Sherman Plimpton (Großvater mütterlicherseits), Martha Jane Williams (Großmutter mütterlicherseits), David Carradine (Onkel väterlicherseits) (Schauspieler und Produzent) ), Robert Carradine (Onkel väterlicherseits) (Schauspieler und Produzent), Michael Bowen (Onkel) (Schauspieler), Ever Carradine (Cousin väterlicherseits) (Schauspielerin), Kansas Carradine (Cousin väterlicherseits) (Schauspielerin)
Martha Plimpton wird von Markham, Froggatt & Irwin vertreten.
165 cm (5 Fuß 5 Zoll)
Freund / Ehepartner
Martha Plimpton hat datiert -
- River Phoenix (1986-1989) – Martha Plimpton started going out with actor River Phoenix in 1986. They had met while shooting for the movie, The Mosquito Coast, and had fallen for each other while working together. They decided to end their relationship amicably towards the end of 1989.
- Jon Patrick Walker (1994-1996) – Martha started dating stage actor Jon Patrick Walker in 1994. After dating for about a year, they got engaged in March 1995. In the statement released by her representative, they had planned to get married in April 1996. However, the wedding never took place and they ended their courtship in May 1996.
- Fred Armisen (2005-2006) – Martha was rumored to be dating comedian Fred Armisen in October 2005. Their relationship was rumored to have lasted for about a year. However, she has refuted the existence of any such relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has English, Ashkenazi Jewish, German, Danish, Dutch, Swiss German, and distant Irish ancestry. While, on her mother’s side, she has English and some distant Scottish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Blonde’.
- Shortcut hairdo
- Prominent nose
Early in her modeling career, Martha Plimpton was roped in to do endorsement work for Calvin Klein Jeans.
Her tomboyish looks were reported to be a deal breaker in getting her cast in the promotional campaigns.
She has not spoken about her religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Patti Nyholm in the legal drama series, The Good Wife.
- Having played the role of Virginia Chance in the Fox drama series, Raising Hope from 2010 to 2014.
- Her stellar work in successful Broadway productions such as The Coast of Utopia, Shining City, and Top Girls.
As a Singer
In 2008, she collaborated with singer Lucy Wainwright Roche to perform Bruce Springsteen‘s song Hungry Heart for Lucy’s EP 8 More. She has performed songs for various radio programs as well.
In 1981, she made her theatrical film debut in the political thriller Rollover, which had Jane Fonda in the lead role. She was 11 years old at the time of her film debut.
First TV Show
In 1983, Martha made her television show debut as Rhona in ABC Afterschool Specials.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Martha Plimpton Favorite Things
- Japanese Restaurant – Yakitori Sun Chan on the Upper West Side in New York City
- Meal – London Broil
- Go-To Breakfast – Bacon, scrambled eggs, a bagel, and a watermelon or sliced tomatoes
- New York City Restaurants – Al Di La, Peter Luger, Yakitori Sun Chan, Gennaro, L’Artusi, Red Room, Momofuko, and Prune
- App – Bitmoji
- TV Show – The People v. O.J. Simpson
Source – The New Potato, ADWEEK
Martha Plimpton Facts
- She is a vegetarian. She was introduced to the vegetarian lifestyle by her former boyfriend River Phoenix, who passed away in 1993.
- The Chicago punk-band The Lawrence Arms had once written a song dedicated to her called Light Breathing (Me and Martha Plimpton in a Fancy Elevator).
- She has served as an ambassador for the Center for Reproductive Rights’ Draw the Line campaign. She has also done other activism work for the non-profit organization.
- Martha is a co-founder of Everything is Horrible, which is a production company that produces short films made especially for the internet.
- She has done a lot of activism work for abortion rights and has spoken at several rallies and events organized for the group. She caused a minor controversy in 2017 when she revealed that she had undergone an abortion on multiple occasions.
- Martha Plimpton is a strong advocate of the LGBT rights.
- She is a member of the board of directors of The Players, which is a New York City-based social club that was founded by actor Edwin Booth in 1888.
- She has been roped in to narrate a couple of audio books such as Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh and Diary by Chuck Palahniuk.
- Martha is a member of the iconic The Steppenwolf TheatreCompany Ensemble.
- Sie war Mitglied des Board of Directors von A Is For… , einer gemeinnützigen Organisation, die sich für die Förderung der reproduktiven Rechte von Frauen einsetzt.
- Folgen Sie ihr auf Twitter.
Ausgewähltes Bild von PEN American Center / Flickr / CC BY-2.0